Hello and welcome to Bookish Blades. You may prior know me as „Kat from Minas Morgul“. My name is Kat and I read and review books in English and German.
Are you an author or publisher and want to send me a book for review purposes? Then please continue reading below.
What books do I read?
- Young Adult, New Adult and Adult Fiction is okay.
- I prefer fantasy or contemporary, but I also like science-fiction, historical fiction and romance.
- Cook or Baking Books are okay as well.
- I will consider books more closely if they have LGBTQ+ representation. I am an OwnVoices bisexual reviewer.
- I do not accept crime, thrillers, horror or erotica, nor any non-fiction books except cooking or baking.
- I read books in German and English. While I prefer physical copies, I wouldn’t deny a request for an ebook just because of its format.
How do I review?
- I always give my honest opinion, wether I liked the book or not.
- I focus a lot on world building and characters, since this is where my focus usually lies.
- I try to write constructive reviews and give a reason for everything I feel.
- I try to write reviews as soon as I can. Reviews for ARCs will be published close to the release date but can be sent over earlier if needed.
- I will always include photos of physical copies and a picture of the cover for ebooks.
How do I rate books?
I use the well-known five star rating system. The only difference is that I use swords instead of stars.
- 1 sword = I didn’t like the book at all.
- 2 swords = I did not enjoy the book but liked some parts.
- 3 swords = I enjoyed the book but had some issues.
- 4 swords = I really enjoyed this book.
- 5 swords = I LOVED this book.
What other services do I provide?
In case you want to work with me or want something additional to a review, I am open for
- author interviews
- cover reveals
- quote letterings & watercolour art
- blog tours
- bookish recipes.
Interested? Then please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org ! Please mind these criteria. If you won’t, I will most likely either decline or not answer your request. Before contacting me, please note that I am based in Germany.