Hoohoo, friends of the blade!
I’m so, so excited to participate in the Pondathon II. I wanted to be part of Pondathon last year already but couldn’t, which makes me all the more excited for Pondathon II.
What is the Pondathon?
Pondathon II is a story-driven and gardening-themed readathon hosted and run by CW from The Quiet Pond. The aim of the Pondathon II readathon is to read books to earn plants and decorate your own little garden so that we can restore the forest together. More information about the readathon can be found here.
Want to join the Pondathon? Find info here:
- You can sign-up to the Pondathon II readathon here. The readathon starts on January 10th 2022 and ends on December 11th 2022; sign-ups are open across the duration of the readathon.
- You also get to create your own Pond animal character for the Pondathon, and create your own character card!
- If you’d like, create a blog post, bookstagram post, booktube video, Twitter thread, or whatever medium you wish, with ‘#PondathonII’ in the title or your tweet. Share the character you have created and your character card!
- Link back to this post so that new friends can find the readathon and join in as well.
My Pondathon Character
My Pond character is Bibette, a Flower Guardian. She’s a fluffy bee who loves nothing more than to care for her flowers. Even as a young bee, she spent more time with the flowers than with the other bees and by now she loves sipping nectar in the sun, watering the flowers. She’s a bit shy and often keeps away from other fauna but is always friendly and likes to help. To save the forest she will help with all her flower knowledge.
My Pondathon TBR
I’m terrible at sticking to TBRs but there are a few books I want to read sooner than later, so why not make them the Pondathon TBR?
- Six Crimson Cranes by Elizabeth Lim
A story about a princess trying to lift a curse on her brothers and herself while demons want to break out of their prison and dark magic is at work? And there is also a (unexpectedly cute) lord she (doesn’t) want to marry? Sign me up!
- Oranges are not the Only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson
To be honest, I don’t know that much about the book except that it’s gay. But it is this month’s book for our classics book club.
- Jade Legacy by Fonda Lee
Ahhhhh!!! This book is so thick which is the only reason I haven’t picked it up so far. I absolutely loved The Green Bone Saga thus far and I’m both super excited and very nervous for the ending.
- My Calamity Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton & Jodi Meadows
I loved the two previous Lady Janies books and this one is about Calamity Jane, a wild west sharpshooter and I can’t wait to read about all the twists!
Until next time,